No Child Left Behind
The goal of the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 is to provide a quality education to every child in America regardless of his or her ability, background, or family income.
- Standards for student achievement and accountability for results
- Increased flexibility and local control of education dollars
- Expanded options for parents
- Emphasis on teaching methods that have been proven to work
- By 2013-2014, all students will reach high standards, attaining proficiency or better in reading/language arts and mathematics.
- All limited-English-proficient students will become proficient in English and reach high academic standards, attaining proficiency in reading/language arts and mathematics.
- By 2005-2006, all students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug-free, and conducive to learning.
- All students will graduate from high school.
NCLB Resource Documents-Highly Qualified Teachers