Educators have known how to improve schools and reach rigorous academic goals for quite some time. The research is clear. Our direction will be founded on that research and on the experiences of high performing school systems.
In general, for the next three years, our efforts will be focused on:
- Effective teachers. We will reach our destination by placing an effective teacher in front of every child.
- Effective principals. We will reach our destination if we make principals the key to reform.
- Professional and high-functioning central office. We will reach our destination if the central office staff is one of the most efficient and competent in the nation.
- Leadership density. We will reach our destination if we expand leadership density.
- Engaging parents and the community. We will reach our destination if our parents and community partners become engaged in graduating college- and career-ready students and if the various groups work in reinforcing ways.