Vision and Beliefs
Dedication runs strong throughout the Dallas Independent School District with more than 19,000 employees working toward realizing our vision of becoming the best urban district in the United States. To truly impact the lives of students and govern our day-to-day actions, the Dallas Board of Trustees adopted its core beliefs and Principles of Public Service for the district to follow. These principles and beliefs serve as a guidepost to everything we do.
Dallas ISD seeks to be a premier urban school district
By The Year 2020, Dallas ISD will have the highest college- and career-ready percentage of graduates of any large, urban district in the nation.
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.