Six Dallas ISD schools each sent two teams of five female students to the 9th annual CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Careers Building Opportunities competition on Friday, November 8.
A true story of tenacity and perserverance is manifest in Yi Chan's story. Read more.
Hispanic Heritage Month - the celebration of our namesake!
Dallas ISD joined The Dallas Morning News and The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza in an educational partnership to galvanize educators, students and families around President John F. Kennedy’s legacy in observance of the 50th anniversary of his assassination.
1. Student needs are the top priority in our academic program.
2. Teachers are encouraged and expected to become experts in their content areas.
3. Academic departments are comprised of intrinsic learners.
4. Academic departments willfully share a vision with which to pursue excellence.
5. The administration does not perceive themselves as an agency separate and above the teachers (who directly facilitate student learning).
6. Faculty members are receptive to the opinions and ideas shared by their colleagues.
7. Faculty members are expected to share opinions concerning decisions that could impact student performance.
8. Discipline problems are dissolved by academic and behavioral expectations.
9. Students feel that they are members of an academic family.