The application window is now closed to be eligible for the annual Transformation School student lottery selection process. At this stage, the district will only add students to the waitlist for each campus that is listed below.
School Application Process Overview
- The application window for Transformation Schools was from November 28, 2016 to January 31, 2017. Both paper and online applications were available.
- If you face any issues completing an online application, please call (972) 925 - 3306. Instead of an online application, families may choose to complete a paper application at the following locations:
- Dallas ISD Admin Building: 3700 Ross Ave., Room 102A
- Solar Preparatory School for Girls: 2617 N. Henderson Ave.
- Mata Elementary School: 7420 La Vista Dr.
- D.A. Hulcy STEAM Middle School: 9339 S. Polk St.
- IDEA High School: 4800 Ross Ave.
- COMPLETED APPLICATION = APPLICATION
(Online or Paper) + PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Dallas ISD students/residents: Current students do not
have to submit additional paperwork. Addresses will be verified through
current school information. If the address on the application does
not match the address at the school, the application will not be
entered into the lottery until the address has been updated.
Parents/guardians need to check that the correct address is on file
- Non-Dallas ISD students/residents: Proof of Residency needs to
be submitted prior to the student application being considered
complete. Parents/guardians need to provide ONE of the
following to the Office of Transformation & Innovation: utility bill
(gas, water, or electric) OR mortgage or lease agreement in
parent/guardian’s name OR Affidavit for Proof of Residency (if residing in another person’s
- Proof of residency forms may be submitted in the following ways:
- Dropped off to the Office
of Transformation and Innovation
- Picture or scan copy
emailed to email@example.com
- Picture texted to (214)
862 - 4332
- The Office of Transformation and Innovation will be accepting
student applications for the following Transformation Schools and grade levels:
- Seats in other grades may be available. To be added to the waitlist for these seats, contact the Office of Transformation and Innovation for more information at (972) 925 - 3306 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Process Application Process
Magnet Schools are theme-oriented
courses of study that provide PK - 12 students with in-depth experiences in
particular areas of interest. Unlike Transformation and Innovation Schools, Magnet Schools consider academic entry requirements as part of the student selection process. For information concerning the Magnet School application process, included
required documentation, application timeline, specific program requirements and
application forms, please visit the Dallas ISD Magnet School website.
Innovation School Enrollment Process
Innovation Schools will remain as Neighborhood Schools, only with a different
academic model. Students zoned to an Innovation School do not need to do
anything different from the standard Dallas ISD enrollment process. All
students living within the attendance boundary for their Innovation School will
always have a seat at that school at any point in the year. They will not
need to submit an application. Non-zoned students may contact the school