What we offer:
• Classes in convenient locations and flexible schedules (morning, afternoon and evening)
• Highly qualified and trained teachers
• An adult-centered curriculum based on the Texas Adult Education Content Standards
• Individualized placement and progress evaluations
• Textbooks for classroom use
• Access to computer aided instruction and distance education in some areas
• GED scholarships, GED graduation, and Adult National Honor Society
• Individualized career, vocational, and college counseling
Adult education courses include:
• Adult basic literacy and math skills
• GED preparation
• English as a second language (ESL)
• Distance Learning
• Workforce Literacy
• Summer classes in June and July
Ages to qualify for services?
At 18, you may register for classes on a first-come, first-served basis during scheduled registration. If you are 17, bring a copy of official withdrawal forms from public school and a letter of consent from your parent or guardian. At 16, you must submit a court order.
How to register:
Click Class Locations for a listing of all of our locations and to find information about our upcoming registration in your area. Click AE Flyer to print a flyer to share with interested adult students. You can also visit the Map and Directions App to see the mapped location of our class sites. Register in person at the class site during the posted class times, call the site you are interested in attending or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information.
- Registration is in person on a first-come, first served basis.
- Registration time is the same as the regular class time. (For example, if the class you want to attend is from 6-8:30 p.m., registration is from 6-8:30 p.m. on the scheduled registration days.)
- Make sure you come to register early on the first day of registration. Classes are typically filled on the first day.
- For more information, call any of our main sites, James W. Fannin at 972-794-7800, Arcadia Park Annex at 972-794-4500, Community Learning Center at 972-968-6520, or Titche Annex at 972-794-1823. Do not call the other locations (like Irving.net, TWC locations) where we hold classes; site personnel do not always have correct information about the adult education classes.
- Any form of picture ID will be accepted for registration.
More questions about Adult and Community Education? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions.