Contracts and Benefits
The Dallas Independent School District will provide the intern with the following:
- A written contractual agreement specifying the professional psychology intern as a full-time employee for a term of one year and terms of compensation and proration of salary in 12 equal monthly payments.
- A salary range starting at $29,533, depending on prior salaried experience in education or mental health services to children.
- Employee benefits consistent with those of other school psychologists including:
- sick leave of 8 days
- school holidays and non-contract days based on a 226-day contract consistent with DISD Board approved calendar.
- optional group medical, dental, and vision plans (partially paid by the district), optional group life insurance, optional disability income and salary continuation, and employee assistance program
- mileage reimbursement for job-related travel
- worker's compensation
- deductions for teacher retirement
- other benefits such as pre-tax withdrawal of health insurance premiums, annuities, etc.
- An appropriate work environment including adequate equipment, materials, and office facilities