All requests for the use of district facilities by non-school and school-support organizations should be forwarded to the Real Property Management Department for processing. Real Property Management is responsible for determining the availability of a requested facility, securing any needed custodial and security staff, calculating and collecting any applicable rental fees, and ensuring the execution of a rental contract.
Organizations interested in renting a district facility must submit a written request at least fifteen (15) district business days in advance of the date of request to the Real Property Management Department. Requests received with less than 15 district business days for processing may not be accepted. The written request should be emailed to OPSRPM@dallasisd.org or mailed to the following address:
Dallas Independent School District
Real Property Management
3701 S. Lamar Street
Dallas, Texas 75215
Request letters must include the following information:
- Name of the organization, mailing address, phone number and email address of the contact person.
- Type of event/activity and its purpose.
- Desired facility and/or space to be used (e.g., Cobbs Stadium, Ben Franklin Auditorium).
- Requested day(s), date(s), and time(s) of event/activity, including set-up and departure times.
- Estimated number of people to be in attendance.
- Will the event/activity generate revenue (e.g., admission cost, donations, concessions)?
- Will there be equipment or set-up needs (e.g., tables, chairs, podium, microphone)?
- Is the serving of food anticipated at the event/activity? Is the food part of a federally funded meals program?
- Non-profit organizations must provide a copy of non-profit status from the IRS (i.e.: 501(c)3).
- If possible, submit a second choice of facility or dates of use in case the first choice is unavailable.
For additional information on the rental process, please see Dallas ISD Board Policy GKD (Local) and GKD (Regulation). To view a list of the district's rental fees see GKD (Exhibit). Board polices can be viewed by visiting the district’s website under the Board of Trustees tab.
If you have any questions about the rental process, please contact Mr. Daniel Diaz at (972) 925.4523 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Avery Williams at (972) 925-5087 or email@example.com.