A Message From Principal Fraley
Thank you to our students who arrive early or on time each day to school. However, we have a large number of students who are not arriving on time. Students should be at school no later than 8:50 AM daily. Classes start promptly at 8:55 AM. Starting Monday, November 7, 2011, students who are not in class by the time the 8:55 AM bell rings will receive a lunch detention. If a student is late for a justifiable reason, he or she must bring a note from his or her parent or guardian to have the tardy excused.
Students need every possible minute in class to master the content and to succeed. We need everyone to assist and support the success of the students and our school by arriving on time!
Thank you for your assistance and support.
News Bullets for the Week
- We know many of you have expressed your frustration since Parent Portal has not been in operation, but help is on the way! In November, DISD plans to roll out a new, easy-to-use program called GradeSpeed. It will give parents easy, online access to their student's grades. As soon as the program is released, we will be sending out the login process through all of our communication channels. Stay Tuned!
- If you did not order your student pictures that were taken this week, but will still like to, please contact Lifetouch at 972-669-9204. You will need to know your child's Student ID Number and Social Studies Teacher.
- DON'T MISS TWO GREAT OPPORTUNITIES THIS WEEK TO SEE A BTW STUDENT PERFORMANCE!
- Don't miss Evening of Dance this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7:00 PM in the Montgomery Arts Theatre. Tickets are $10-$15 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door.
- The Theatre Department's final run of The Laramie Project is this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7:00 PM in the Brierly Experimental Theater. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students and can be purchased at the door.
- You're invited to the PTSA Parent University on Monday, November 14th! Parent University is designed to give you valuable information and answer your questions about your child's education, both currently and beyond high school.
5:30 - 6:00 p.m. Senior Parent Meeting, Library
6:00 - 6:50 p.m. Dinner and PTSA meeting, Cafeteria
6:50 - 7:00 p.m. Break-Out Sessions for Parent University
7:00 - 7:45 p.m. Session I
7:50 - 8:35 p.m. Session II
Each registered participant may choose two out of the evening's four sessions:
The Teenage Brain
Scott Cresswell, Education Consultant
Financial Aid Overview
Tommy Newton, Director, SMU Recruitment
College Mapping, PSAT and AP Classes Diane Wilcox, Owner, Wings to Soar, Educational Planning; Consultant Region 10 ESC
BTW Communications 101 Panel Discussion by BTW Staff Members
Check the PTSA Website for Registration Information!
- Sorry this was miscommunicated in the last newsletter, but THIS is the final week of the 2nd Six Weeks.
Thank you for your ongoing support of our school.