At Trinidad "Trini" Garza Early College High School, students engage in a rigorous and supportive academic program that blends high school and college work and that enables students to graduate with a high school diploma, an Associate's Degree from Mountain View College in the Dallas County Community College District, or 48 core college credit hours toward a baccalaureate degree.
1. Student needs are the top priority in our academic program.
2. Teachers are encouraged and expected to become experts in their content areas.
3. Academic departments are comprised of intrinsic learners.
4. Academic departments willfully share a vision with which to pursue excellence.
5. The administration does not perceive themselves as an agency separate and above the teachers (who directly facilitate student learning).
6. Faculty members are receptive to the opinions and ideas shared by their colleagues.
7. Faculty members are expected to share opinions concerning decisions that could impact student performance.
8. Discipline problems are resolved by academic and behavioral expectations.
9. Students feel that they are members of an academic family.