Franklin D. Roosevelt
Academy of Collegiate Studies
http://iacceptracs.eventbrite.comRoosevelt High is expanding opportunities for students to graduate high school with a college degree prepared to enter their chosen career. In fall 2017, Roosevelt will expand its early college high school model by parterning with El Centro College, Apply Here. This will enable students to:
- Earn an Associate of Applied Science degree tuition free while in high school.
- Earn as many as 60 hours of tuition-free college credit as a high school student.
- Eliminate thousands of dollars in college tuition costs by earning college credit hours while in high school.
- Start college at a four-year university already having completed two years in high school, thereby earning a four-year degree in less time than their peers.
- Enter the job market with a work-ready skill upon completion of high school.
- Become familiar with the effort required to successfully complete college level coursework while a high school student.
The Roosevelt collegiate academy is designed to serve incoming ninth-grade students who have the determination to attend college, are first-generation college students, and have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Our collegiate academy will accept 100 ninth-grade students per year. The collegiate academy model begins at ninth grade, and students will only be accepted into the program as freshmen. They will move together as a cohort as they progress through high school.
Click Mustang to Confirm Acceptance