The Homeless Education Program (HEP) supports homeless students and their families through the funding of the McKinney-Vento Act. Staff provide technical assistance to school administrators, as well as support and counseling services to the children and families.
- Provide services that establish stability for children in transition in order to succeed in school.
- Provide McKinney-Vento training to shelters, parents, community organizations, and District personnel.
- collaborates with community organizations to provide homeless students uniforms.
- To assure homeless students maintain grade level performance during periods of transition.
- Collaborate with community organizations to provide after-school and holiday programming..
Requests for Uniforms are gladly processed once a request to the DISD Uniform Assistance Program has already been made. Please visit https://www.dallasisd.org/Page/43223 for information on requesting Uniforms from the Dallas ISD Uniform Assistance Program. All requests for materials here are only for students who have completed an SRQ and have been identified as Homeless.
Students must be enrolled in school in order to process requests for transportation. Transportation is for students to attend School of Origin as determined on the SRQ form.Contact:Homeless Education Program Main Line: 972-749-5750If you or someone you know is experiencing a homeless crisis, please call 1-888-411-6802
Ashley Marshall, Manager / District Homeless LiaisonAsMarshall@dallasisd.org 972-749-5789
The Homeless Education Office is part of Dallas ISD Student Advocacy and Youth Outreach.