Dallas ISD AC Program Mission
In partnership with Dallas ISD Professional and Digital Learning Department, the Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program enhances the alternative teaching route by providing a standards-driven training program where future educators can engage with others, explore and practice the newest and innovative approaches to teaching, and develop a deeper understanding of their impact on student achievement in the Dallas Independent School District.
Dallas ISD AC Program Vision
By providing excellent customer service and fostering a diverse learning community, Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program will be the preferred alternative certification program of choice for applicants seeking to transition into the teaching profession. Through our face-to-face preparation, digital, innovative practices, Dallas ISD AC Program will become an integral part of the educational experience and help prepare the students of the Dallas Independent School District to achieve limitless educational possibilities.
Dallas ISD AC Program Teacher Quality Learning Outcomes
- Dallas ISD AC teacher candidates who participate in the Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program will explore innovative instructional practices and approaches to teaching in order to develop a deeper understanding of their impact on student achievement in the Dallas Independent School District.
- Dallas ISD AC teacher candidates who participate in the Dallas Alternative Certification Program will effectively articulate the learning standards of their certification grade-level content area(s).
- Dallas ISD AC teacher candidates who participate in the Dallas Alternative Certification Program will be able to independently design and deliver effective instructional lessons to enhance the rigorous learning environment.
- Dallas ISD AC teacher candidates who participate in the Dallas Alternative Certification Program will execute data-driven instructional practices, and develop management techniques in order to build a supportive and enriched learning environment that is safe and secure for all learners.
- Dallas ISD AC teacher candidates who participate in the Dallas Alternative Certification Program will act consistently with federal and state laws, Educator Code of Ethics, Standard Practices for Texas Educators, and state and local board policies, regulations, and practices.
Dallas ISD ACP Partners
Dallas ISD ACP is honored to partner with community organizations and internal departments that are just as committed to student achievement and educator success as we are. These dedicated professionals collaborate with Dallas ISD ACP on our strategic initiatives by contributing capital, human resources, and counsel in the preparation of Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Teacher Program interns, and we recognize them for their excellence and generosity.
- Association of Hispanic School Administrators (AHSA)
- Dallas Retired Teachers Association
- Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas
- Dallas County Community College District
- The Commit Partnership
- Dallas ISD School Leadership
- Dallas ISD Legal Department
- Dallas ISD Substitute Office
- Dallas ISD Recruitment Team
- Dallas ISD Certification Department
- Dallas ISD Campus Staffing Department
- Dallas ISD Communications Department
- Dallas ISD Digital Learning Department
- Dallas ISD Dual Language Department
- Dallas ISD SPED Department
Note: If you are interested in joining the Phase 54 cohort please click the link below.