Parents can access their child’s teachers’ Google Classroom by:
- From the school issued Chromebook, ask the student to login and launch the Google Classroom App. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- From any computer with internet access, click this link https://classroom.google.com and have the student login with their EAD username (IDemail@example.com) and their EAD password. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
To begin recieveing email summaries of your students work, you must email all their teachers and request to be added as the guardian. (You can view the teachers email under the "Staff/Faculty" page)
*** In your email please include your childs full name, if possible also include the class period they have the teacher.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
See more details here https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6388136
Child forgot google classroom password?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the students full name and ID#.
This will not be an instant fix, it could take up to 24/48 hours to fix a students password. Please continue to check your email for updates.
Message from the District
Student/Parent Support can be found at www.tiny.cc/studentathomelearning
The website contains:
- Elementary At-Home Learning Plans (Grade specific TV programming, at home activities, online resources are available NOW!!!!) – **Plans will be printed and made available at the Food Service District Sites beginning March 30.
- Secondary At-Home Learning Plans
- Student instruction for accessing zoom as a video conferencing tool
- Student instructions for accessing Clever as a method to connect to the Powerschool LMS or Google Classroom
- Training Video, quick step guide and webinar schedule to support students in participating in an online course in the Powerschool LMS or Google Classroom in English and Spanish
- Optional PK – 12 Free Online Resources – A vetted list of online applications that can support learning in the content areas
- Special Education/Section 504/Dyslexia Support - Specific resources to support continued at-home learning for a variety of special needs
- Library Resources Online – Ways to access the various ebook libraries available to students through Dallas ISD or open source