Information Technology9400 North Central Expressway, Suite 1000
Dallas, Texas 75231
Information Technology provides, supports, and maintains highly effective technology systems that support teaching and learning in the classroom and the business operations of Dallas ISD.Information Technology is composed of five major groups:
- Technology and Information Solutions
- IT - Business and Operations
- IT - School Administration Services
- IT - Client Solutions
- IT Service Desk
Among other important Department Highlights, IT deployed and currently manages a state of the art 300 route mile fiber network connecting all campuses and support buildings. This high-speed network, which includes over 23,000 Wireless Access Points, is the foundation on which IT offers unparalleled and innovative IT tools and services to students, educators, parents, administrators, and staff, while saving the District $6 million a year in network-related fees and maintenance over the previous network.
The District's robust broadband and wireless system is also driving increases in the Internet connections, which are at 10GB today and capable of expanding to 100GB as needed. A significant increase in wireless and broadband capacity at Dallas ISD has connected students and teachers with new ways to learn now and for years to come. Currently, there over 50,000 Wi-Fi connected devices across the District at any given time, and this number is growing everyday and is expected to continue on a steep slope for the foreseeable future.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support students, teachers, and staff by providing the technology resources necessary for teaching and learning
- Enable teachers to enhance teaching and learning capacities and capabilities, improving student achievement
- Provide technology support as needed for teaching and learning
- Ensure student data, records, and progress are accessible to teachers and parents
- Facilitate data security
How We Impact Students
By providing the technological infrastructure, we improve the technology literacy of our students which in turn provides them with the tools needed for the workplace and in their future studies. Cutting edge technology enables teachers to enhance teaching and learning capacities and capabilities, improving student achievement.