Reminder that tax free weekend is this August 7-9, 2020.
Allstudents are expected to comply with the following student dress code:
- Students will be required to wear uniforms Monday through Friday unless otherwise directed. Uniforms are expected to be neat and clean.
- Shirts must be solid navy blue with solid navy blue collar and sleeves. No exceptions. No designs, monograms, emblems. No T-shirts.
- Shirts must be tucked in and worn with a belt.
- Shirts must be appropriately sized.
- Pants, jumpers, walking shorts, skirts & skorts must be solid navy blue. No knit or denim. No overalls (coveralls) or jeans.
- Boys cannot wear earrings.
- Shorts, skorts, or skirts must be no shorter than fingertip length when the arms are hanging loosely at the side.
- Shoes - Dark tennis shoes. No sandals, flip flops, open toed shoes, clogs, or backless shoes.
- Jackets or heavy coats may be worn to and from school only during cold weather. Students will not be allowed to wear jackets or wear outer garments not appropriate for the weather. Students will be required to leave coats or jackets in the locker or the classroom.
- Sweaters must be navy blue.
- Wearing makeup is not allowed.
- Excessive jewelry is not allowed.
- Oversized or sagging or baggy clothes will not be allowed.
- Hoodies are not allowed.
- Students’ hairstyle should not be a distraction to the learning process. It is possible that you may be asked change your child’s hairstyle. Every student should keep their hair, beard, eyebrows, and mustache well groomed. No designs are allowed.
- Students are allowed to wear their hair in a manner which expresses their individuality; however, if the style becomes a distraction to the instructional environmental beyond the first day, student will be required to restyle their hair. Failure to comply will be considered disrespect of school personnel, a Level II Offense, according to the Student Code of Conduct. Students shall keep their hair, beards, eyebrows, and mustaches neatly groomed. No designs will be allowed; they are considered gang related and will not be tolerated.
- Whether or not a student is dressed appropriately or properly groomed shall be left to the discretion of the principal or her designee. If the principal, or designee, feels that a student’s dress or grooming is detrimental to a safe environment, she may consult with other knowledgeable authorities.
The student dress code will bestrictly enforced. Parents/Guardians will be called to bring appropriateclothes to school for students who are not following dress code and may berequested to attend a conference with the administrator to discuss the offenseand subsequent disciplinary action.