Summer Reading Assignments for 9th and 10th Grade
-Incoming 9th graders: The Epic of Gilgamesh (Click Link To Download)
- There will be a test the 1st week of school.
-Incoming 10th graders and 9th graders who will be taking English Pre-AP II will read one of the following works:
1. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
2. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
3. The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
- As they read, students should annotate their copy for symbols, imagery, literary devices, thematic concepts and write insightful comments and questions.
- English I teachers will inform current 9th graders of the assignment before summer break. There will be an exam (multiple-choice test) over the book the second week of school. No exceptions!
Summer Reading for English III and AP-III English Language and Composition
-Incoming students to AP English III and English III will be given an assessment over the summer reading during the first two weeks of school. A wide variety of non-fiction selections have been picked by the English Department.
Summer Reading for English IV and AP-IV English Literature and Composition
-Incoming students to AP English IV and English IV will be given an assessment over the summer reading during the first two weeks of school. A wide variety selections have been picked by the English Department.