Welcome!¡Bienvenidos! Bienvenue! Herzlich Willkommen!
Harry Stone Montessori Academy an International Baccalaureate World School
Library Media Center
Library Hours & Contact Information
Mrs. Rosia “Rose” Roberts
Phone: (972) 794-3414
School website: https://www.dallasisd.org/stone
Library Time: TBA
Library Concierge Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am--3:00 pm
Location: Circular Driveway
Campus Mission Statement
To prepare all children for life-long learning through the Montessori and International Baccalaureate philosophies, fostering individual responsibility, mutual respect, self-discipline, and a passion for excellence in order to become compassionate, global citizens.
Our goal is to create a 21st-century library environment that promotes life-long learning for global scholars and educators, provide equitable access to information in various formats, support skills to be productive and responsible citizens and to encourage all students through literacy to live and lead with confidence and purpose.
What can a librarian do for you?
Librarians are experts in inquiry, inclusivity, collaboration, curating resources, exploration, innovation, and engagement. We help students to think, create, share, and grow. Libraries specialize in student choice and student voice. Libraries specialize in establishing cultures of literacy and inclusiveness by exposing students to invaluable new perspectives.
The librarian can teach students:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Collaboration across networks
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurship
- Effective oral, written, and multimedia communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination
The librarian can help faculty/staff:
- Plan & co-teach engaging lessons
- Partner in integration of new technology in your classroom
- Locate, vet, curate, and share high quality resources for you & your students
- Connect student with books to nurture lifelong readers
- Support & advancement of curriculum development
- Cohort in exploring & trying new things and ideas
- Help students develop research & presentation skills
- Community builder both within the school & globally
- Collaborate on innovative projects
- Facilitate lessons & discussions on digital citizenship topics
Remember to log in with your harrystone.org account
If you don’t have a harrystone account ask your teacher
***For technology assistance visit Remedy Force***
Or call TAC 972-925-5630