Find Your Future
EIF College & Career Connection Center
Room Number: 105, Located next to Testing Office
Office Phone number : 972.502.3553
Higher Education Advisors:
Itzel Lopez is a graduate from Skyline High School. Itzel proceeded on a plan to receive stackable credentials by obtaining her cosmetology certification, Associate Degree from Dallas County Community College and her Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of North Texas at Dallas. Itzel is excited to work at her alma mater Skyline High School so that she can support students in pursuing their dreams.
Adam Gary was born in California and moved to Dallas, Texas as a child. He has been an athlete his whole life from the ages of 5 to 22. He was a graduate of South Garland High School where he lettered in football and track. Going to the 3rd round of playoffs in football and being a district champion in the 4x400 relay, also a runner-up in the 300 meter hurdles. He attended Texas A&M University - Commerce in Commerce, TX. There he lettered in Track and Field and earring All-American honors in 2014 and also All-Region honors 3 consecutive years from 2012-2014. He obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Sports & Recreational Management. Adam believes in inspiring and helping others to exceed to the best of their abilities. He has been able to learn the value of hard work and dedication throughout his life.
Meka Taylor was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, raised in Shreveport, Louisiana. She received her bachelors degree in Fashion Design & Merchandising from The University of Louisiana. She is a lover of music and all things art, as well as a mental health advocate. Ms. Taylor is a first generation college graduate and understands the hardship and challenges of applying yourself and being a leader. Her purpose in life is to inspire and help others understand their power and talent so they can go on to be successful. She is now a proud resident of Dallas, Texas and is happy to be a Raider!
What is the EIF College & Career Connection Center?
The Education is Freedom College & Connection Center is a resource center dedicated to serving Skyline High School students and parents in their quest to Find Their Futures. With expert knowledge about colleges, scholarships, internships, certifications and financial aid, your EIF Higher Education Advisors, Mr. Machani & Ms. Flores, are here to help. Our offices are open 8:30am – 4:30pm. We are available via text and social media until 8:00pm.
The EIF College and Career Connection Center offers students FREE one-on-one assistance with:
· Finding the right college
· Editing college / scholarship essays
· Completing college applications
· Applying for Financial Aid (FAFSA & TASFA)
· Searching for FREE money for college (Scholarships)
· Test prep and registration for: PSAT/SAT/ACT/TSI
· Enhancing your workforce readiness skills
· Registering for certification programs to enter directly into the workforce
· Finding summer internships
· Obtaining information about your military options
· And much more!
Who is Education is Freedom?
Education is Freedom envisions a world where every young person has the opportunity to pursue a college education and a rewarding career. To achieve this vision, EIF provides students with the tools needed to successfully graduate from high school, attend and graduate from college, and pursue a rewarding career. Your Higher Education Advisors, Mr. Machani and Ms. Flores will work with all students and parents to map out the paths of their futures. For more information, please visit
College Information (College for all Texans)
Applying to College
• Apply Texas – the “most common" application used by all public and private colleges and universities within the state of Texas. (Apply Texas)
• The Common Application – Application used for private and out-of-state college and universities. (Common App)Financial Aid
• FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• TASFA - Financial Aid Form used by Undocumented Students and Non Pell Eligible Students. (TASFA)
CSS Profile - is an application distributed by the College Board in the United States allowing college students to apply for financial aid