Margaret and Gilbert Herrera Student Intake Center
Registration of Students New To The Country
Beginning August 12, 2013, all new to the country immigrants, grades K- 12, who have never attended school in the United States, will be registered, oriented, and assessed at the Margaret and Gilbert Herrera Student Intake Center. The center's staff provides support to families and students to begin the path toward academic success.
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Appointments may be made by calling (972) 749-5760 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Who Comes To The Appointment?
Parent / guardian and child(ren).
What Should I Bring?
- Proof of address (utility bill or lease)
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- I-94 (if refugee)
- Immunization records (if available)
- Report card or school transcripts (if available)
NOTE: If student has special medical needs, please provide medical documentation (If available)
The student registration, orientation, and assessment process has been reorganized for its effectiveness and unique ability to address the entry-point needs of our growing global populations. Together we continue to meet the needs of students and families as they transition into our communities.
LOCATION: 9400 N. Central Expy, Suite 200. Dallas, TX 75231
- Offices are located in the Linus D. Wright Dallas ISD Administration Building on the 2nd floor in Suite 200