Dr. Barbara Jordan Elementary School
Mandatory Uniform Policy
All students must adhere to the Dallas ISD uniform policy Monday through Thursday. On Friday's, students may wear jeans with a belt and a Dr. Barbara Jordan "Spirit" shirt. If not, the students should follow the mandatory uniform policy. The policy is as follows:
- Boys: Navy blue, khaki, or black pants or shorts worn with a belt.
- Shirt- White, black or navy blue collared shirts,tucked in at all times. Turtlenecks are acceptable.
- Girls: Navy blue, khaki or black skirts, shorts, or pants worn with a belt.
- Shirt- White, black or navy blue collard blouses/shirt. Turtlenecks are acceptable.
- Footwear: Soft sole shoes, athletic shoes, tennis shoes, or sneakers. White sole tennis shoes are preferred.
- Velcro for lower grades is preferred.
**Only rubber sole shoes will be worn on the gym floor.
- Spirit shirts: Please ask about T-Shirt sales in the main office.
The following items are unacceptable:
- Logos on Shirts
- Sweat pants
- Wind pants
- NO dark color with another dark colored bottom.
- Shoes with skates
Periodically, the administration will perform a uniform sweep. Parents will be notified if their child is not in compliance with the uniform policy.
The administration will notify parents of special theme days, when the school uniform may be altered.