- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Mission StatementThe Visual and Performing Arts Department oversees music (band, choir, orchestra and elementary music); visual art (elementary and secondary); dance and theatre. The department’s goals are: increase, improve, and implement quality enrichment opportunities for all students during both in-school and out-of-school time; support improving student achievement by establishing clear pedagogical expectations and guidelines for the teachers; assist campus principals and Human Capital Management in recruiting and hiring the best and most qualified teachers available; and encourage parent attendance, support, and involvement at performances and exhibitions at all levels – elementary thru high school.
The Visual and Performing Arts Department utilizes personnel centrally to plan, coordinate, and implement programs in visual arts, dance, music and theatre in order to ensure all students meet or exceed state requirements. Working as a team, these individuals collaborate with parents, central administrators, and teachers to provide students quality experiences in the visual and performing arts.