- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Mission StatementThe Visual and Performing Arts Department oversees music (band, choir, orchestra and elementary music); visual art (elementary and secondary); dance and theatre. The Visual and Performing Arts department’s goals are to be supportive, visible, and accessible to the teaching and learning community of Dallas Independent School District.
The Visual and Performing Arts Department utilizes personnel centrally to plan, coordinate, and implement programs in visual arts, dance, music and theatre in order to ensure all students meet or exceed state requirements. Working as a team, these individuals collaborate with parents, central administrators, and teachers to provide students quality experiences in the visual and performing arts.