- The use of religious symbols such as nativity scenes, Buddha statues, crosses, and the Star of David is not allowed in the schools or other district buildings.
- District materials, mail, and e-mail cannot be used to send holiday wishes or greetings.
- The use of secular bulletin boards, seasonal games, trees, and decorations that do not feature religious symbols is acceptable.
- Each holiday observed by students from several religious traditions may be acknowledged in class.
Gift Giving and Receiving
For more information on what is and is not allowed, consult the principal or go to Texas Association of School Boards (EMI Regulation)
- Gift exchanges among students may not be conducted in the classroom.
- Teachers and other district employees are not allowed to accept gifts of more than $50 per year from vendors or other persons interested in or likely to become interested in doing business with the district.
- Gifts can be provided for all members of a class if they come from a parent group, PTA, or community organization.