Dallas ISD H-1B Visa Program
Dallas Independent School District will sponsor H1B visas for the 2022-2023 school year for Elementary Bilingual (English/Spanish) Teachers.
To be eligible for an H-1B visa you must have:
- A valid Texas teacher certification (visit Texas Education Agency - How to Become a Teacher in Texas)
- and a job offer from one of our campuses OR have been approved by our Recruitment Team
If you are not yet certified:
- You must be accepted into an Alternative Certification Program and eligible for a Probationary / Intern Certificate.
- If you have a teacher certification from your country or another US state, you may have the option to go through an Out-of-Country or Out-of-State certification.
Visit the Texas Education Agency website to obtain information on how to become a certified teacher for the state of Texas.
Alternative Certification Program Requirements:
TExES tests to take for Bilingual Certification:
- TExES 291/391 - Core Subjects EC-6
- TExES 164 - Bilingual Supplemental
- TExES 190 - BTLPT
- TExES 293 - Science of Teaching Reading
Please visit Pearson's website for more information regarding the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program locations.
If you do not have a BA, Master or PhD. from a US (continental) university, one of your first steps is to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language - Internet-Based Test (TOEFL-iBT) as proof for English proficiency. Please visit the Texas Education Agency website for more information about this.
- Speaking: 24
- Reading: 22
- Listening: 22
- Writing: 21
Online Information Sessions
The Dallas ISD Visa and Recruitment Team will be hosting online information sessions.
If this is your first time learning about the H-1B visa minimum requirements, this will be a great opportunity to learn about the process of becoming an elementary bilingual teacher with Dallas ISD. To register to attend, COMPLETE THIS FORM. Once registered, our team will send you a personalized meeting link within 24hrs of the scheduled session.
- H1B VISA INFORMATION SESSION - June 2022 Session: 6/1/2022 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST
Alternative Certification Programs
We accept interns from any Texas Education Agency (TEA) approved alternative certification programs. For more information on TEA approved programs, visit Texas Education Agency Alternative Certification Information.
Questions regarding visa minimum requirements:
- Diana Castaneda- firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions once H-1B visa process has started:
You can also contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com to receive information on how to start the interviewing process with Dallas ISD.
Dallas Independent School District
ATTN: Human Capital Management Visa Dept.
9400 N Central Expressway, 14th Floor
Dallas, Texas 75231