Dallas ISD Visa Program
Dallas Independent School District will sponsor H1B visas for the 2021-2022 school year for Elementary Bilingual Teachers.
To be eligible for a H-1B visa you must have:
- A valid Texas teacher certification (visit Texas Education Agency - How to Become a Teacher in Texas)
- and a job offer from one of our campuses OR have been approved by our Talent Acquisition Team
If you are not yet certified:
- You must be accepted into an Alternative Certification Program and eligible for a Probationary / Intern Certificate.
- If you have a teacher certification from your country or another US state, you may have the option to go through an Out-of-Country or Out-of-State certification.
Visit the Texas Education Agency website to obtain information on how to become a certified teacher for the state of Texas.
Alternative Certification Program Requirements:
TExES tests to take for Bilingual Certification:
- TExES 291/391 - Core Subjects EC-6
- TExES 164 - Bilingual Supplemental
- TExES 190 - BTLPT
- TExES 293 - Science of Teaching Reading
Please visit Pearson's website for more information regarding the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program locations.
If you do not have a BA, Master or PhD. from a US (continental) university, one of your first steps is to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language - Internet Based Test (TOEFL-iBT) as proof for English proficiency. Please visit the Texas Education Agency website for more information about this.
- Speaking: 24
- Reading: 22
- Listening: 22
- Writing: 21
Alternative Certification Programs
We accept interns from any Texas Education Agency (TEA) approved alternative certification programs. For more information on TEA approved programs, visit Texas Education Agency Alternative Certification Information. We also have a partnership with Mountain View College Alternative Certification Program.
- Estela Ayala - email@example.com
- Blanca Mansur - firstname.lastname@example.org
- VISA Inbox - email@example.com
You can also contact our Talent Acquisition Team, firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on how to start the interviewing process with Dallas ISD.
Dallas Independent School District
ATTN: Human Capital Management Visa Dept.
9400 N Central Expressway, 14th Floor
Dallas, Texas 75231