Zeljka Ravlija, CoordinatorPhone: (972) 502-4189Fax: (214) 932-7587
The Dallas ISD refugee program provides services to students and their families in order to facilitate the transition to the United States and more specifically, to Dallas ISD. Following are the services we provide to achieve this goal:
- Translation and interpretation services for school related purposes in multiple languages relevant to the population
- Tutorial programs- individual and small groups instructional support
- Summer enrichment program
- Transition services and assistance with educational placement: Students and parents are assisted with requisite forms (e.g., emergency contacts, school schedules, attendance requirements, student code of conduct, educational history, free-lunch eligibility, etc.) and related school-entry information.
- School orientation meetings for parents on school related topics
- Staff development training to inform and educate school professionals about the needs unique to the refugee population.
For more information call: Zeljka Ravlija, 972-502-4189, firstname.lastname@example.org
2909 Buckner Boulevard, #504
Dallas, TX 75228