Social Studies Websites for High School Students
- The site is researched based concerning such topics as famous battles, commanders, events, timelines, as well as historical documents
- Provides historical videos, programs, and images for American History
Some 10,500 armed conflicts occurred during the Civil War ranging from battles to minor skirmishes; 384 conflicts (3.7 percent) were identified as the principal battles and classified according to their historical significance.This site gives information concerning each battle and important historical data.
- Here you'll find an online interactive multimedia history of the United States from the Revolution to the present. Accompanying it are primary source documents, the perspectives of major ethnic...
- EASE History is a rich online environment that supports the learning and teaching of US History. Hundreds of historical videos and photographs are currently available in EASE History.
- This resource for K-12 teachers and students developed by the Hermon Dunlap Smith Center for the History of Cartography at the Newberry Library is designed to bring historically significant map documents into your classroom. Inside are high quality images of historic map documents that illustrate the geographical dimensions of American history.
History Detectives is devoted to exploring the complexities of historical mysteries, searching out the facts, myths and conundrums that connect local folklore, family legends and interesting objects.
- More than 10,000 events from world history to search for timelines
- Over 2000 files covering over 3000 years of history in timelines and graphs.
- Become a geography whiz as you learn how the United States was settled.
Discover how the continent was irrevocably changed by European colonization, the events that caused the wholesale displacement and decimation of the land's original inhabitants, and how the 50 states came to be formed.
- Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Teachinghistory.org is designed to help K-12 history teachers access resources and materials to improve U.S History education in the classroom.