The 2019 New Teacher Academy is coming this August! We're excited to welcome all our our new Dallas ISD teachers. Please read below for more information and to register for NTA.SCHEDULE
The dates for the 2019 New Teacher Academy are:
- 8/1/2019 - Kick Off Day at Fellowship Dallas located at 9330 North Central Expressway Dallas, TX 75231
- 8/5/2019 - Professional Development Day 1
- 8/6/2019 - Professional Development Day 2
- 8/7/2019 - Campus Orientation Day
Welcome New Teachers!
The date is finally here, and we could not be more excited to formally welcome you to Dallas Independent School District. We look forward not only to this time with you over the next four days, but to continue along the journey with you as you step inside the classroom this year.
The vision for our New Teacher Academy is clear - All new teachers, no matter their pathway to Dallas ISD, will be prepared to be successful in Dallas ISD. We want to ensure that you walk away from NTA with an understanding of the district’s culture and direction, instructional priorities and expectations, and support/resources.
Your Time at NTA The New Teacher Academy agenda and session content is designed with you, as a new teacher in Dallas ISD, in mind.
WHO ATTENDS NEW TEACHER ACADEMY?
The following groups of new hires are expected to attend NTA:
NEXT STEPS FOR NEWLY HIRED TEACHERS
- Newly hired 2019-2020 school year Teachers who have completed their hiring appointment with a Staffing Specialist
- Current 2018-2019 school year Teachers who taught fewer than 90 contract days in the current school year
- Newly hired Media Specialists/Librarians
- New-to-district Campus Instructional Coaches (CIC's)
Have your hiring appointment with your staffing specialist. Once cleared, authenticate your EAD by logging in to a district computer which are available for your use from 7am to 6pm Monday-Thursday in the 14th floor lobby of 9400 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75321.
Register for New Teacher Academy (NTA) and professional development sessions.
The Laptop Distribution Event has ended. Please contact the IT department at 972-925-5630 to request a laptop.
Here are some items you'll want to keep in mind:
- Make sure Dallas ISD has your updated personal email address
- Be sure to check your email account (including junk/spam folders) for messages from email@example.com
- View our important new hire videos on our New Teacher Dashboard in order to
- Authenticate your EAD credentials
- Review and enroll in Benefits
Keep checking your email and this page for updates including important upcoming dates & times, NTA registration information, and helpful new teacher resources!Remember you can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Information and Resources
- New Hire FAQ
- New Hire Policy Memo
- Acronym Dictionary
- Technology Setup Instructions
- Voicemail Instructions
- Useful Contacts
- Curriculum Central Link
- Direct Deposit Details
- Facts about Dallas ISD
Important District Policies
- Acknowledgement of District Policy Instructions
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Child Abuse
- Drug-free Workplace
- Student Discipline
- Leave of Absences
- Employee Grievances
- Employee Standards of Conduct
- Searches and Alcohol and Drug Testing
- Handbook of Ethics and Integrity