Student Teaching in Dallas ISD
Dallas ISD creates a welcoming and supportive environment for clinical teachers to grow professionally and to be prepared for their teaching experience. We fulfill this mission by offering our best teachers to mentor, hosting career workshops to prepare future teachers for interviews, and providing support for clinical teachers to navigate the district.
To learn more about the program, check out our video to see what a clinical teacher's day looks like in Dallas ISD.
Dallas ISD welcomes student teachers during the Fall and Spring semesters. To request placement for student teaching, please follow the guidelines below:
Guidelines for becoming a Student Teacher
**We are currently accepting requests from colleges, universities, alternative certification programs, and their affiliated program personnel. If you are interested in clinical teaching or completing classroom observations, please have your Educator Preparation Program representivative contact the Student Teachers Coordinators at email@example.com to get started.
Educator Preparation Program directors, supervisors and coordinators guidelines:
- Connect with the Student Teachers Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete Dallas ISD - Fall 2022 Placement Requests form once received from the Student Teacher Coordinator.
- Share the Fall 2022 Student Teaching application with all prospective student teachers seeking placement in Dallas ISD.
- All student teachers will need to complete a background check.
- Student Teachers Coordinators will share all finalized placement requests with EPP's.
Please note the following:
- Placement availability is limited; therefore, we ask placement requests to be made as soon as possible. It is extremely helpful to have all requests from each EPP regarding student teaching submitted at once. This allows ample time for us to secure appropriate placements for each student.
Students are strongly discouraged from reaching out to principals or individual teachers requesting placement. All requests must go through the Human Capital Management department. You are welcome to include requests for specific placements (teacher, campus, grade level). We will do our best to accommodate these requests.
- Ana G. Mendez University
- Concordia University
- Criswell College
- Dallas Baptist College
- Dallas College
- Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program
- Grand Canyon University
- Jarvis Christian College
- Midwestern State University
- Paul Quinn College
- Savannah State
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas A&M University - Commerce
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Christian University
- Texas Teacher of Tomorrow
- Texas Tech University
- Texas Woman's University
- University of North Texas - Dallas
- University of North Texas - Denton
- University of Phoenix
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at Dallas
- University of Texas at Dallas UTeach Program
- Western Governors University
**If you do not see your program listed above, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact the Student Teacher Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.