Dallas ISD welcomes students needing classroom observation hours for their educational preparation programs. Students can choose from over 230 schools with unique programming to fit their professional growth as a future educator.
**We are currently accepting requests from colleges, universities, alternative certification programs, and their affiliated program personnel. If you are interested in completing classroom observations, please have your Educator Preparation Program representivative contact the Student Teachers Coordinators at email@example.com to get started.
Here are the steps to becoming a classroom observer with Dallas ISD:
- Have your Educator Preparation Program director, supervisor, or coordinator connect with the Student Teachers Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Fall 2022 Student Teaching application.
- Complete Voly, the volunteer application.
- Visit https://dallasisd.voly.org to complete Voly, the volunteer application.
- Fill out every section that has a red asterisk. *
- Choose "student observer" as the volunteer type.
- Choose as many schools as needed to observe.
- View and e-sign the online volunteer orientation.
- Save the profile.
- Applicants will receive an email within 24 to 72 hours notifying them of their background clearance status. Applicants can also log into their Voly account to view the clearance status.
- Once applicants' background checks are clear, the Student Teacher Coordinators will schedule classroom observations with your campus of choice. Visit www.dallasisd.org/schools for school information.
4: Student Teachers Coordinators will connect with you regarding your campus placement.
Please Keep in mind:
- Bring a valid photo ID with you to the school(s) you are observing.
- When you arrive for the observations, sign in at the front office.
- If you do not receive a clearance notification within 24 to 48 hours, please contact the Volunteer and Partnership Department at (972) 925-5440 or email@example.com. Include your first name, last name and date of birth in the correspondence to initiate a review of your application.
Note the following:
- Placement availability is limited; therefore, we ask placement requests to be made as soon as possible.
Students are strongly discouraged from reaching out to principals or individual teachers requesting placement. All requests must go through the Human Capital Management department.
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact the Student Teacher Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.