Return to Work Program
Dallas Independent School District is very proud of our employees and the work they do. Their dedicated efforts help many students reach their potential to become productive citizens. During this process, employees may experience an injury/illness that temporarily impedes them in performing their regular job duties. In this instance Dallas ISD offers a Return-To-Work Program to assist employees with recovery from experiencing an on-the-job injury. We recognize every employee provides a valuable contribution to the educational experience of Dallas ISD. The District’s primary goal is preventing injuries by providing a safe and supportive environment, which maximizes capabilities instead of focusing on limitations. The intent of the Return-To-Work Program is to return Dallas ISD employees back to work as soon as possible in order to assist them in maintaining their sense of value to the District, and give them the opportunity to heal more quickly among their peers.;
The District makes every reasonable effort to provide suitable limited duty opportunities for employees unable to perform their regular duties following a work related injury. This may include modifying the employee’s regular job or, if available, providing temporary alternate work depending on the employee’s physical abilities. All modified work is for a limited time depending on the employee’s treating physician’s estimate of progress toward returning to work at full duty. Injured workers participating in the Return-To-Work Program are expected to provide physician feedback to Risk Management Services indicating their degree of progress toward a release back to full duty work.
- To return employees to work as soon as possible without danger of re-injury.
- To avoid deterioration of work skills due to a prolonged absence from work caused by a work injury.
- To maintain productivity and maximize the use of experienced employees.
- To continue a high level of communication with the injured employee.
- To reduce the number of lost work days.
- To provide cost-effective services by decreasing Workers’ Compensation costs.