Registration and Enrollment
See calendar for dates and times of registration
Important Documents for Registration
Student immunization record
Student Records-transcript, repot card, etc
Current utility bill or lease agreement
Student id pictures will be taken
Recuerde que debe traer:
* Identificación de los Padres
* Los registros de vacunación del estudiante
* Registros de vacunación del estudiante
* Registros del Estudiante-transcripciones, boletas de calificaciones, etc
* Factura de servicios públicos o Contrato de Arrendamiento
* Se tomaran imágenes de ID de estudiante
Please bring a current utility bill for proof of address and an accurate phone number. Be prepare to take a picture for your ID badge.
New Students to Pinkston (9th -12th grades)
Please bring a current utility bill fo rproof of address, accurate phone number, birth certificate, shot records, socical security card and your most recent report card/withdrawal form.
Students ages 5 to 21 who have not graduated from high school are entitled to a free public education in Dallas schools if they meet the age requirements for enrollment on Sept. 1. They must reside within the district's attendance boundaries and provide satisfactory evidence of required immunizations.
- Students receiving special education services may continue to be enrolled in school until they are 22 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year.
- To be enrolled in a prekindergarten program, a child must be at least 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year and meet one of the following criteria:
- be unable to speak and comprehend English
- come from a family whose income, according to the standards set by the State Board of Education, is at or below the subsistence level established by the state of Texas and according to federal guidelines
- be eligible for services for the homeless
How to Enroll in Elementary and Secondary Schools
New Elementary School Students: Enroll with the computer records clerk at the neighborhood elementary school.
New Middle and High School Students: Enroll in the school registrar's office.
The districts magnet school system is made of magnets for high school students, academies for middle school students, and vanguards for elementary school students. The schools provide career-oriented or specialized curriculum in addition to academic subjects.
Health Insurance Program
For more information about the Children's Health Insurance Program, Children's Medicaid, and Children's perinatal application, call the Dallas ISD Medicaid Coordination Services at (972) 581-4793.