11th Grade Junior
Junior Candle Light CeremonyHeld after the Seniors last day of school every year, the Junior Candle Light Ceremony is the most memorable event for juniors. In a Candlelight Ceremony, junior students become the upper classmen on campus for the next school year.11th Grade Junior "To Do" List
We Are College Ready!
· Review your graduation plan.
· Take the PSAT in October.
· Plan to participate in leadership and extracurricular activities.
· Attend the Career/College Fairs at local community colleges.
· Take AP exams, if appropriate.
· Re-think, re-check you four-year high school graduation plan with parent/guardian and counselor.
· Take the SAT I, SAT II and/or ACT (college admissions tests) in the spring. Take preparation class, if needed.
· Link to SAT test dates:http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/calenfees.html
· Link to ACT test dates:http://www.actstudent.org/regist/currentdates.html
· Read college catalogues; write to colleges for information. Attend scheduled college admissions conferences or college fairs. Visit college campuses, while in session.
· Be practical! Look at your top five college choices and ask: Do I qualify? Can I afford the school? Do I need to schedule an interview? Have I talked with students who now attend the college? Does the school offer my major? Does the school's housing meet my needs? Does the social life fit my style? Have I seen the campus? What are the summer opportunities regarding honors programs, work, study, etc.?
· Begin reviewing scholarships.
· Attend summer school if you need to raise a grade. Get a headstart--earn degree credits at the community college.