10th Grade Sophomore
10th Grade Sophomore "To Do" List
College on Purpose!
· Review your graduation plan. (See your counselor)
· Participate in extracurricular activities and/or get involved in community activities to provide background experience for college acceptance. (Join boy/girl clubs;volunteer in politics or hospital, etc.)
· Think about career area(s); investigate colleges.
· Be serious about your grades and courses. They count for GPA, college entrance, class ranking and many scholarships.
· Attend the Career/College Fairs at local community colleges.
· Take the PSAT test in the fall.
· Re-think,re-check your four-year high school graduation plan with your parent/guardian.Take college-prep classes. Take courses that will enable you to meet prerequisites for additional courses.
· Talk with your counselor, as needed.· Attend summer school if you need to raise a grade. Get a head start--earn degree credits at the community college.