DisciplineEach student is responsible for learning to exhibit self-responsibility and is accountable for his/her actions. Students are expected to follow school and district rules. When students consistently choose not to follow school rules and negatively impact the instructional process, the classroom teacher and/or principal will notify parents. The parents may be requested to come to the school for a conference. The following behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstance:
School Rules: 5 P’s
- Gang related activity (including bullying)
- Prompt – be on time.
- Prepared – have required materials, ready to work.
- Participate – be involved, contribute to class discussion.
- Practice – practice fosters improvement.
- Polite – be kind to everyone.
Students may not possess the following items on school property or at school events without the explicit permission of a teacher or administrator:
- CD Players, cell phones, beepers, cameras, television sets, or any other electronic items of distraction.
- Gambling devices: dice, playing cards, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages, narcotics, over-the-counter medications, cigarettes, tobacco products, inhalants, cigarette lighters, matches, and look-a-likes.
- Non-educational items (toys, candy, etc.) not stored away until approved by a teacher.
If items are confiscated, they may be returned to the parent at the end of the school day. If a cell phone is confiscated, it may be retrieved after paying a fee of $15.00.