What We Do:
Rogers Elementary cultivates empowered global citizens who dream big, persist, and achieve excellence.
How We Do It:
Our purpose is to develop community-minded leaders of tomorrow by facilitating an individualized pathway that is tailored to each student’s academic, social, and emotional needs. We provide a rigorous, engaging, and supportive environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and commitment to excellence.
At Rogers, we believe that students should drive their own learning. As they progress from kindergarten to fifth grade, they develop self-awareness and social intelligence that helps them understand their roles in society as individuals and as global citizens. Students learn to analyze their own data and learn to reflect on growth and improvement. In addition, they learn to provide meaningful feedback to peers. Instruction is adapted for each student to meet their individual strengths, needs, and interests while they work both independently and interdependently in Blended and Project-Based Learning environments.
Key Components of Our Personalized Learning Model:
- Goal setting and data-tracking
- Student Agency
- Social Emotional Learning
- Project Based Learning
- Instructional Rigor
- Classroom Culture
- Texas Education Agency "B" Accountability Rating
- 100% student and teacher participation in extracurricular activities
- District and national model of Personalized Learning, hosting educator tours and networking to stay abreast of innovative practices
- Raising Blended Learners Pilot teachers