What We Do:
Rogers Elementary cultivates empowered global citizens who dream big, persist, and achieve excellence.
How We Do It:
Our purpose is to develop community-minded leaders of tomorrow by facilitating an individualized pathway that is tailored to each student’s academic, social, and emotional needs. We provide a rigorous, engaging, and supportive environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and commitment to excellence.
At Rogers, we believe that students should drive their own learning. As they progress from kindergarten to fifth grade, they develop self-awareness and social intelligence that helps them understand their roles in society as individuals and as global citizens. Students learn to analyze their own data and learn to reflect on growth and improvement. In addition, they learn to provide meaningful feedback to peers. Instruction is adapted for each student to meet their individual strengths, needs, and interests while they work both independently and interdependently in Blended and Project-Based Learning environments.
Key Components of Our Personalized Learning Model:
- Blended Learning station rotation model
- Individualized instruction based on each students’ strengths, needs, and interests
- Project-Based Learning labs
- Student-led academic and personal goal-setting
- Emphasis on student voice and ownership Integrated Social-Emotional Learning anchored in Mindful Mondays
- Interest-based extracurricular program
- STAAR results that consistently exceed average scores in the district and feeder patter
- Earned all 6 state distinctions for two years and 5 for one year including Top 25% in Student Progress, Closing Achievement Gaps, and Postsecondary Readiness
- 2018-19 TEA A rating, 2019-2020 B Rating
- Staff, student and community surveys are consistently in the “green” and are one of the highest in the district
- Actively engaged in the larger PL community-inside and outside the district.
- Hosted several school/educator tour
- Presented at several conferences and professional development sessions.