The Dallas ISD Scholars Program recognizes students in the 7th through 12th grade who have demonstrated academic excellence and college readiness potential. Not only will this program support students in their pursuit of National Merit ® Scholarships, but it will also provide resources and opportunities that promote academic and social success.The Dallas ISD Scholars program includes a recognition ceremony, PSAT prep sessions, parent information sessions, a district-wide competition, and other events.Dallas ISD Scholars qualifications are as follows:
- 7th grade –scored in the 95th percentile on 6th grade STAAR Reading or 6th grade STAAR Math
- 8th grade –scored in the 95th percentile on 7th grade STAAR Reading or 7th grade STAAR Math
- 9th grade –scored in the 95th percentile on 8th grade STAAR Reading, 8th grade STAAR Math, 8th grade STAAR Science, 8th grade STAAR Social Studies or 8th grade STAAR Algebra I End-of-Course
- 10th grade -scored at the college readiness level on PSAT/NMSQT or scored in the 95th percentile on 9th grade STAAR Algebra I End-of-Course or 9th STAAR English I End-of-Course
- 11th grade -scored at the college readiness level on PSAT/NMSQT, SAT, or ACT or scored in the 95th percentile on 10th grade STAAR English II End-of-Course
- 12th grade - scored at the college readiness level on SAT or ACT
- Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams.
- Student graduated as a member of the AVID program.