Are you right for Seagoville P-TECH Early College High School?
If you said yes to any of these questions then Seagoville Pathways to Technology Early College High School may be for you!!
- Are you the first in your family to pursue a college degree?
- Are you highly motivated and ready to meet the challenges of rigorous, innovative coursework?
- Would you like to receive 60+ hours of college credit, industry certifications, and an Associate's Degree while attending high school?
- Are you interested in tuition free classes?
- Would you like to receive on the job training in the pathway that will lead to career opportunities?
What does P-TECH mean and how is this ECHS model different from others in Dallas ISD?P-TECH stands for Pathways to Technology. Within specified pathways, students take core and career/technology courses that deliver rigorous academic, technical, and workplace skills that employers need in middle jobs. Students may earn an associate's degree in 4 or 6 years, along with industry certificates relevant to their pathway of interest. The skills-based competencies learned throughout the coursework along with industry mentors better prepare the students for paid internships and possible job placement upon graduation.Seagoville P-TECH Early College High School's industry partner is committed to supporting our students in their Workplace Learning experiences. Some areas of support include skills mapping to ensure graduates are ready to enter the workforce; Workplace Learning curriculum; mentoring for all students; skills-based, paid internships; and job placement after graduation.
What pathways are offered at Seagoville P-TECH Early College High School?Seagoville P-TECH Early College High School will offer three pathways for students:Pathway AHS Endorsement: STEMProgram: Electronics/Computer TechnologyDegree Plan: AAS Personal Computer SupportCertificate(s): Basic Electronics TechnologyPathway BHS Endorsements: STEM and Business/IndustryProgram: Business AdministrationDegree Plan: AAS Business AdministrationCertificate(s): Human Resource Assistant