Are you right for Seagoville P-TECH Early College High School?
If you said yes to any of these questions then Seagoville P-TECH may be for you!!
- Are you the first in your family to pursue a college degree?
- Are you highly motivated and ready to meet the challenges of rigorous, innovative coursework?
- Would you like to receive 60+ hours of college credit, industry certifications, and an associate degree while attending high school?
- Are you interested in tuition free classes?
- Would you like to receive on the job training in the pathway that will lead to career opportunities?
What does P-TECH mean and how is this ECHS model different from others in Dallas ISD?P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology Early College High School. Within specified pathways, students take core and career/technology courses that deliver rigorous academic, technical, and workplace skills that employers need in middle jobs. Students may earn an associate's degree in 4 years, along with industry certificates relevant to their pathway of interest. The skills-based competencies learned throughout the coursework along with industry mentors better prepare the students for paid internships and possible job placement upon graduation.Seagoville P-TECH's industry partners are committed to supporting our students in their Workplace Learning experiences. Some areas of support include skills mapping to ensure graduates are ready to enter the workforce; Workplace Learning curriculum; mentoring for all students; skills-based, paid internships; and job placement after graduation.
What pathways are offered at Seagoville P-TECH?Seagoville P-TECH offers two pathways for students:Pathway A:HS Endorsement: STEMProgram: Electronics/Computer TechnologyDegree Plan: AAS Personal Computer SupportCertificate(s): Basic Electronics TechnologyPathway B:HS Endorsements: STEM and Business/IndustryProgram: Business AdministrationDegree Plan: AAS Business AdministrationCertificate(s): Human Resource Assistant