Battalion Executive Officer (XO)
The cadet battalion executive officer (XO) supervises, directs, and coordinates the cadet battalion staff to prevent overlapping efforts and to ensure that the commander’s desires are understood and achieved. The cadet battalion XO keeps the staff informed of the commander’s policies and keeps the cadet battalion commander informed of the status of projects assigned to the staff. The cadet battalion XO assumes command of the cadet battalion in the absence of the cadet battalion commander.
- Organize the cadet battalion staff properly and ensure that it works as a team.
- Inspect the work of the cadet battalion staff and make other inspections as directed by the cadet battalion commander.
- Ensure that the battalion staff officers prepare and submit reports on time and that they are engaged in future planning.
- Act as the commander of troops during ceremonies.
- Ensure that instructions and orders issued to the cadet battalion are in accordance with the established policies of the cadet battalion commander; report all violations of orders to the cadet battalion commander.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the cadet battalion commander or the instructor staff.