Battalion Personnel Officer (S-1)
Officer: Hallie Anderson
The battalion adjutant is the administrative assistant to the battalion commander. The adjutant is also responsible for performing other administrative duties as assigned by the battalion commander, battalion executive officer, or the instructor staff.
- Assist in aligning the battalion at all battalion formations.
- Receive the report at battalion formations from the company commanders and receive the names of absentees from the sergeant major.
- Plan for the conduct of special ceremonies in coordination with the operations and training officer.
- Prepare and publish any orders necessary for the operation of the cadet battalion.
- Maintain the qualification records and personal files on all cadets.
- Publish and execute the cadet battalionâ€™s recruiting plan.
- Collect, consolidate, post, and maintain all merit and demerit reports and records.
- Coordinate with the company commanders and the battalion staff on recommendations to the instructor staff on reassignments and organization; assign cadets to the various companies and maintain a record of those assignments.
- Prepare periodic strength reports under the supervision of the instructor staff and keep the manning board posted and up to date.
- Report incidents that are prejudicial to good order and discipline, and submit reports to the instructor staff, the cadet battalion commander, and the executive officer.
- In coordination with the S-2, make recommendations to improve morale and welfare of the cadet battalion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the battalion commander, battalion executive officer, or the instructor staff.