Battalion Intelligence and Security Officer (S-2)
Officer: Michael Adams
The battalion S-2 assists the battalion commander and the instructor staff in matters pertaining to unit security and enforces the provisions of the security requirements for the battalion.
- Assist in making periodic inspections of the security of weapons (if available within the unit).
- Make periodic inspections of the security of the supply room and equipment storage areas.
- Make necessary on-the-spot corrections resulting from security inspections and keep the battalion commander and instructor staff informed.
- In coordination with the S-1, report incidents that are prejudicial to good order and discipline, and submit reports to the instructor staff, the cadet battalion commander, and the executive officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the battalion commander, battalion executive officer, or the instructor staff. For example, in some JROTC units, the S-2 may also be responsible for the information center and the duties of a public affairs officer if one is not assigned or for the duties of an ordnance officer if one is not assigned.