Battalion Logistics Officer (S-4)
Officer: Jade Stephens
The battalion logistics or supply officer is responsible for the maintenance, security, record keeping, issue, and turn-in of all U.S. government property (except ordnance). The S-4 coordinates the securing of property with the S-2.
- Create a JROTC Clothing and Equipment Record for each cadet.Maintain all cadet supply records in proper order.
- Maintain accountability of all equipment and supplies used by the unit.
- Conduct periodic inventories of the on-hand supplies and equipment; submit weekly reports to the instructor staff on the availability of supplies and on the condition of equipment.
- Ensure that adequate cleaning materials are available for use during assigned maintenance activities.
- In coordination with the battalion sergeant major, make periodic inspections of the national, state, and organizational Colors for serviceability.
- Maintain security of all items of clothing and equipment in the supply room and training aids storage area.
- Maintain the supply room in a neat and orderly fashion at all times.
- Maintain a running inventory of all supplies/property; determine supply requirements; and prepare requisitions for equipment and supplies required for the cadet battalion.
- Issue clothing, insignia, and other supply items as directed by the battalion commander, battalion executive officer, or the instructor staff.
- Collect and dispose of excess salvage equipment and clothing.
- Supervise the activities of the battalion ordnance officer (if assigned).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the battalion commander, battalion executive officer, or the instructor staff.