Social Media Guidelines
Tips for best practices
Social media is a highly effective free communication tool available to schools and departments.
Communications Services is here to help schools and departments start their social media accounts. Email Communications Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in starting a social media account so we can provide guidance.
After the account is created, we will add it to our database.
Where do I start?
We highly recommend most schools and departments start by creating and maintaining one social media account on one social media platform. The district’s three recommended social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram– each have their own strengths for schools and departments.
- The easiest social media platform to consistently maintain, per a survey of Dallas ISD campuses
- Best social media platform to connect with other campuses and departments
- The social media platform most likely to connect with parents
- Biggest user base is moms ages 25-34
- Effective showcase for photography and images of a campus or department
- Most effective platform to connect with younger parents and alumni ages 18-25
At least three campus employees–including the principal – should have the password and access to the social media account. That way, the campus still has access to the account if the primary social media lead leaves.
How do I create a social media account?
Did you choose a social media account? Great! Here’s how to start your account.
Dallas ISD Official Social Media Accounts