Frequently Asked Questions
Contact the two-way dual language campus and complete an enrollment packet. Enrollment period for two-way dual language is Nov. 3, 2019 - Jan. 31, 2020.
Please note the enrollment packets for PK or K are due to your child's school by the enrollment deadline for the school. Students whose packets are submitted by the due date will be considered for acceptance in the two-way dual language program. If more applications than spaces available are received, then a lottery will be held at the campus.
- Complete an elementary or secondary online application.
- Alternatively, you can download and email applications (elementary/secondary) to email@example.com
- Seats for English Learners (Native Spanish Speakers) are open in all grades to meet requirements for bilingual services.
- Seats for non-English Learners (Native English Speakers) are limited to Pre-K through 1st grade only.
- Seats for students in grades 2-12 are based on prior participation in a Dual Language Program.
- Students will be notified of acceptance in March.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 972-925-6490
Ideally, children should enroll at age 4 or 5 when they are at PK or Kindergarten. Please note not all two-way dual language campuses start the program at PK. Most campuses begin the program at Kindergarten.
Does my child need to have a previous knowledge of or have the ability to speak Spanish when entering the Two-Way Dual Language Program?
Contact the school(s) of your choice to get additional information and obtain an enrollment packet. Please note that a student may be accepted only if space is available after the home school applications have been accepted into the program. Additionally, a school tranfer application must be completed.
What if the school at which I hope to enroll my child in for participation in the Two-Way Dual Language program is at capacity?
If more applications than spaces available are received, then all will be considered through the campus lottery process. If your application is denied due to lack of space, you may contact the Bilingual ESL Department at 972-925-6490 for information about other schools that have space.
You may either wait for a possible opening at the beginning of the school year or submit an application to another campus of your choice that does offer the two-way dual language program if space is available and the receiving campus is accepting transfers.
Yes, contact the two-way dual language campus to set up a time and date for a dual language campus visit.