Open Transfer Period for Teachers, Counselors and Media Specialists
The Open Transfer process allows current Dallas ISD teachers, counselors, and media specialists, who meet the guidelines outlined below, to accept a new position at another campus for the following school year without approval from the employee’s current principal. During the remainder of the school year, a transfer must be approved by both receiving and sending Principals and Executive Directors.
The Open Transfer period for the upcoming school year will be March 8, 2016 through April 22, 2016. The transfer application will be available starting March 2, in order to help principals build a pool of applicants. HCM will begin accepting principal recommendations when the period officially opens on March 8. The deadline for recommendations is 5:00 PM on April 22, 2016. Employees interested in and that qualify for a transfer must apply on the open transfer application at
In order to be eligible for an open transfer, teachers must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Texas Teacher Certificate in the requested subject-area vacancy
- Meet "Highly Qualified" NCLB standards for the position
- Must not be on a growth plan or have an Unsatisfactory rating on previous TEI evaluation
- Must not be entering their fourth year of an Alternative Certification Program
- Must not be identified for non-renewal at the end of the current school year due to performance
receive approval from Counseling Services - Counselors only
Human Capital Management will send email notifications of approval/denial throughout the open transfer period and notifications will be sent to the impacted employee, current and receiving Principals, and respective Talent Partners.
Transfers are final when the employee receives an approval notification from Human Capital Management.
If you have any questions about the Open Transfer process please contact HCM at 972-925-4200 and a team member will assist you.