Open Transfer Period for Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Counselors, and Media Specialists
The Open Transfer process allows current Dallas ISD Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Counselors and Media Specialists, who meet the guidelines outlined below, to accept a position at another campus for the following school year. During the Open Transfer period, current principal approval is not required.
HCM will begin accepting principal recommendations when the Open Transfer period officially opens on March 6, 2020. Eligible employees must apply via the Open Transfer application online at www.dallasisd.org/careers using the Internal Openings link. Employees that do not apply will not be eligible to participate. The deadline for principals to submit a recommendation for the Open Transfer period is 11:59 P.M. on April 10, 2020.
To be eligible for an open transfer, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Texas Teacher Certificate in the requested subject-area vacancy and meet TEA/SBEC Certification Standards for the position
- Must not be on a growth plan or have an Unsatisfactory rating on the most current evaluation
- Must not be entering their fourth year of an Alternative Certification Program
- Must not be identified for non-renewal at the end of the current school year due to performance
- Must receive approval from recommending campus Executive Director – Instructional Coaches only
Human Capital Management will send email notifications of approval/denial throughout the Open Transfer period. These notifications will be sent to the employee, the current and receiving principal, and the respective talent partners. Transfers are not final until an approval email notification has been sent from Human Capital Management. All notifications will be completed by April 24, 2020.
Starting April 11, 2020 all transfers will need to follow the Administrative Transfer guidelines.
If you have any questions about the Open Transfer process please contact HCM at (972) 925-4200 or email@example.com and a team member will assist you.