COUNSELORS ARE AT YOUR SERVICE
SERVICES TO CHILDREN
The counselor provides individual and group counseling services in order to assist children in the following:
- Conflicts with peers
- Teacher-child conflicts
- Grief and loss
- Family conflicts that affect learning
- Separation and divorce problems
- Anger management
- Setting realistic goals
- Attention and learning deficit
SERVICES TO PARENTS
- The counselor confers with parents in order to help children change unwanted behaviors and attitudes.
- The counselor provides parents with community resources when necessary.
- The counselor empowers parents to become more involved in school and community affairs.
SERVICES TO TEACHERS AND STAFF
- The counselor provides information and resources for classroom guidance activities.
- The counselor confers with teachers and staff to plan jointly for the students' needs.
- The counselor provides in-service and staff development programs,
- The counselor offers teachers interventions and strategies that enhance a child's ability to succeed in the learning environment.
SERVICES TO THE COMMUNITY
- The counselor coordinates human services at the school site to ensure that the basic security needs of children are met.
- Counselors provide information and referrals about community agencies and services.
- The counselor acts as liaison for community agencies to disseminate information to the school community and to bring additional programs to the school.