Dallas ISD is now accepting applications to our Early College Programs (P-TECH, Collegiate Academy, and ECHS) for the 2018-2019 school year. Eighth grade students who will be freshmen in the fall of 2018 may complete and submit an online application for their top three choices. These schools will provide students with the opportunity to:
- Earn an Associate degree or up to 60 hours of college credit tuition-free while in high school.
- Eliminate thousands of dollars in college tuition costs by earning college credit hours while in high school.
- Start college at a four-year university already having completed two years in high school, thereby earning a four-year degree in less time than their peers.
- Enter the job market with a work-ready skill upon completion of high school.
- Become familiar with the effort required to successfully complete college-level coursework while a high school student.
The collegiate academies are designed to serve incoming ninth-grade students who have the determination to attend college during their high school years. Each collegiate academy will accept 100 ninth-grade students; therefore, all interested students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Following an interview process, those who are accepted will be notified no later than March 1, 2018.