Counselor consults with staff and other professionals to:
· Help identify and assist students with academic difficulties
· Higher Education and College Readiness
· Guidance Lessons
· Life Skills
· Make referrals to community agencies when necessaryCounselor Class Guidance Lessons:
Magnet School Options
Teen Dating Violence
Counselor meets with parents/ guardians to:
· Provide information regarding available community resources
· Review student academic Performance
·Review data and assist with individual academic planning.
Counselor meets with parents
Provide information regarding available community resources
Review student academic performance
Review data and assist with individual academic planning.
Common Concerns Dealt with in a School Counselor’s Office
“I’m having trouble with my grades”
“I just need to talk to someone.”
“My homework isn’t done because of something that happened at home.”“Something happened to me and I need to tell someone"“One of my parents left last night and I don’t feel very good.”“I don’t have any friends”
Counselors may meet with students about..
Problems with grades
Being new to our school