W.T. White B-TECH is designed to serve incoming ninth-grade students who:
- Want to earn a high school diploma and two-year college degree in four years
- Realize the long-term benefits of study and academic rigor
- Are independent thinker who welcome the challenge of becoming a trailblazer
- Are ready to explore career options in business or teaching
- Welcome the opportunity to engage with peers in an academically accelerated learning environment
The academy will accept up to 125 ninth-grade students per year, and students will move together as a cohort as they progress through high school.
Students will attend ninth and tenth grade at W.T. White High School in a dedicated wing of the building. For their junior and senior years, students will attend classes on the Dallas College Brookhaven Campus. Transportation will be provided at no charge.
Dallas ISD will begin accepting applications to the district’s P-TECH/Early College Programs on November 1, 2021 for the 2022-2023 school year. Eighth-grade students who will be freshmen Fall 2022 may complete and submit an online application. Students will be asked to select their top five choices among the district’s P-TECH / Early College Programs. Students can apply through January 31, 2022, and following an interview process, those who are accepted will be notified beginning on March 1, 2022.
Click the button below to begin the 2022-2023 application process for Dallas ISD P-TECH and Early College Programs: