In 2015, Dallas ISD launched the Accelerating Campus Excellence (ACE) initiative which utilizes effective instruction, additional class time, and social and academic skill-building, within a culture of high expectations to guide students toward graduation and college readiness.
The district’s strategy to improve its highest-need campuses includes:
- District support
- Proven and effective campus leadership teams
- Effective teachers as identified through the Teacher Excellence Initiative (TEI)
- Financial incentives for staff
- Increased exposure to math and reading
- Social and emotional learning and development
- Parent engagement
- A culture of high expectations
The ACE plan works to ensure that effective leadership teams and teachers are in the classrooms where they are most needed by incentivizing top teachers and principals to relocate and work at some of the district’s lowest-performing schools.