Core 4 Resources
- Wear “Ask me about the Core 4” badges and share the 4 principles with each person who asks you about the Core 4. Give them a Core 4 card for their wallet or other token.
- Plan a casual brown bag lunch to share the Core 4 and gather input from staff.
- Schedule the Core 4 as an item to discuss during staff meetings. Brainstorm fun ways to implement the Core 4 in your department.
- Take photos of activities or staff gathered for meetings focusing on the Core 4. Send them to Communications (Core4@dallasisd.org) to share on the Staff Page of the district website.
- Ask staff to nominate colleagues when they demonstrate one of the Core 4 tenets and distribute tickets. Write a brief blurb about the staff member, take a photo and send to Communications (Core4@dallasisd.org)
- Decorate a bulletin or kudos board or create a Core 4 corner in your department’s shared space to post the Core 4 photos of staff who exemplify the Core 4 principles.
- Drops in the Bucket (peer-to-peer recognition) by writing notes to other staff members or presenting them with a Core 4 ticket (see resources) each time they exemplify excellent customer service in one of the four areas—focused, fast, flexible and friendly.
- Implement Core 4 Friday into your work week. Use this day to highlight one or all tenets of the Core 4. Work with divisional leadership to allow staff who have received Core 4 tickets for outstanding customer service to wear jeans and Core 4 badges.
- Submit the names of your staff members who earn all four Core 4 tickets for being focused, fast, friendly and flexible. Submit here.
- Have staff members vote on which employee is the Core 4 Friday staff member of the week. Submit their information to Communications.
Five Step Model for Exceptional Customer Service
- You Set the Tone
- Tell the customers what you can do for them.
- Don't take it personal
- Leave them with something positive.